Terms & Conditions – Rental Agreement
If a booking has been booked through a third party booking platform – the cancellation policy of that provider will apply without exception. Please ensure to keep details of which provider a booking is made with prior to contacting one of the Book Regional staff.
If a booking is cancelled within the permitted timeframe as set out below – the refund will be given back to the guest less any fees incurred in the booking process.
SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS
- Upon confirmation of a booking we require a 60% payment of the total booking cost.
- The remaining 40% will be required 5 days prior to check in.
- The booking will be cancelled if a payment is declined twice (on 2 separate occasions).
- A minimum* pre-authorisation of $500 will be held as security deposit for the properties items in which you have booked & subsequently released three (3) days after checking out of the property. (*Deposit held in dependent on each property)
CANCELLING A BOOKING/ CANCELLATION POLICY
- All cancellations/ changes MUST be made via email to email@example.com
- A booking cancelled with greater than 5 days prior to check in will receive the full amount paid (less any fees incurred processing the payment)
- A booking cancelled between 48 hours prior to check in & 5 days prior to check in will be charged 50% of the total booking amount – the remaining amount will be returned to the guest (less any fees incurred processing the payment).
- A booking cancelled with less than 48 hours prior to check in will be charged the full amount.
- We do not offer CREDIT for future bookings if any amount is charged during this cancellation process.
- The rental agreement is made between Book Regional Pty Ltd & the guest making the booking. The guest booking the property is responsible for all other guests staying within the property throughout the stay.
- The booking is not confirmed until Book Regional receives all required funds. Book Regional will send an email to confirm the booking once funds are receipted.
- ALL guests at the property BOOKED are responsible for following all House Rules set out – it is the responsibility of the guest booking the property to inform all other persons within the property the house rules.
DAMAGE DEPOSIT – Pre-Authorisation
- Book Regional Pty Ltd reserves the right to hold a Pre-Authorised amount no less than $500 (amount held maybe higher depending on which property is booked) for three (3) days after check out. As the guest booking the property you become financially responsible for the property & its contents. Book Regional carry out inventory checklist after each stay.
- From the date & time of check in through to the date & time of check out you are liable for any damage to the property or belongings missing from the property.
- By accepting the ‘Terms & Conditions – Rental Agreement’ you are agreeing that any damage or item missing will be deducted from the Pre-Authorised Card or you will provide an alternate method of payment to cover costs of repair or replacement.
- Examples of reason/s – not limited to being charged a) Extra cleaning of the property upon departure b) BBQ not cleaned after use c) Damage caused by unauthorised pets d) damage to furniture e) Missing crockery or glassware f) Fire damage from firepit not provided or fire lit in inappropriate location
CHANGE OF PROPERTY BOOKED
- Book Regional reserves the right to offer/ provide alternate properties in the Book Regional portfolio in the unlikely circumstances a property is not available. We will notify you as soon as possible via email if this has occurred with new property details provided. If we are unable to provide a substitute property the guest will receive a full refund.
LIABILITY & INDEMITY
- At no stage is the property owner or Book Regional staff to be held responsible in any way for accidental death, injury or sickness during or after the guest/s stay. The property owner or Book Regional staff are not liable/ responsible for damage or loss of personal effects/ belongings during the guest/s stay.
- Due to circumstances out of the control of the property owner and/or Book Regional such a fire, flood, unsafe property through damage placing guests at risk – and we (owner/ Book Regional) are unable to honour this agreement – a complete refund will be provided to the guest booking the property
- Guests are solely responsible for their belongings whilst staying at the property and are required to take the usual steps to prevent any property loss, including locking premises and vehicles when not attended.
- If personal property is left behind and it is discovered by one of our housekeepers they will place the item/s in our Lost Property.
- If you realise that you have forgotten something please give us a call, we will contact the housekeeper to see if they have found it, then we will request the funds for postage and handling to be paid to us by direct deposit and the best address to get the item back to you.
- If the property is not claimed within 30 days, it will be disposed of.
- 2.5.1 A guest must not engage in conduct in their capacity as a guest that contravenes: (a) the criminal law (b) planning laws or by-laws (if the premises are in a strata or community scheme) that apply to the premises (c) the terms of a short-term rental accommodation arrangement for the premises. Obligations to neighbours
- 2.5.2 A guest must not at any time during the occupancy period: (a) create noise that because of its level, nature, character, or quality, or the time it is made, is likely to harm, offend, or unreasonably disrupt or interfere with the peace and comfort of neighbours and other occupants of the premises (b) act in a violent or threatening manner towards neighbours or other occupants of the premises (c) act in a manner that could reasonably be expected to cause alarm or distress to neighbours and other occupants of the premises (d) use or enjoy the premises in a manner, or for a purpose, that interferes unreasonably with the use or enjoyment of common property by neighbours and other occupants of the premises in a strata or community scheme (e) intentionally, recklessly or negligently cause damage to premises, any common property or any other communal facilities within the immediate vicinity of the premises, or any public property in the vicinity of the premises (f) intentionally, recklessly or negligently damage the personal property of neighbours of the premises or other occupants of a strata or community scheme. This section is an offence provision under section 54C of the Act.
- 2.5.3 The Commissioner may issue guidelines about what may or may not be appropriate conduct under section 2.5.2 of the code.
- 2.5.4 A guest must not copy, or knowingly retain after the end of the occupancy period, any keys, security passes or other instrument that facilitates access to the premises. This is an offence provision under section 54C of the Act. Code of conduct for the short-term rental accommodation industry | October 2021 16 Responsibilities to hosts
- 2.5.5 A guest must take reasonable care of the host’s premises and the host’s property at the premises.
- 2.5.6 A guest must notify the host or the host’s representative of any dispute or complaint about a guest’s or visitor’s behaviour as soon as possible after the dispute or complaint arises. This section is an offence provision under section 54C of the Act. Exclusion register
- 2.5.7 A guest who is recorded on the exclusion register is prohibited from entering into any short term rental accommodation arrangements as a guest. This section is an offence provision under section 54C of the Act. Guests responsible for conduct of visitors 2.5.8 A guest is responsible for the actions of visitors they invite onto the premises during the occupancy period and must ensure visitors to the premises comply with section 2.5.2 of this code as if they were a guest on the premises.